It’s no secret that the oil and gas industry is booming right now. And with good reason, too. The sector is forecast to grow at a rate of 3.8% per year through 2021, according to Bloomberg LP. This growth has led to an increase in the number of oilfield services/equipment providers, which is great news for those who are looking for a secure career path.
What is oilfield services/equipment?
Oilfield services/equipment can involve everything from drilling rigs and well heads to oilfield equipment manufacturing. With so many different options available, it can be hard to decide which type of oilfield service is right for you. Here are some tips to help you make a decision.
First, consider your interests and skills. Do you have experience working with tools and machines? Are you capable of operating them safely? If you have a degree in engineering or another technical field, you may be able to find career opportunities in the oilfield services industry that match your skills and interests.
Next, research the different types of oilfield services available. Do some online research to see what companies are hiring and what kinds of jobs they offer. Once you know the basics about the type of oilfield service that interests you, start looking for entry-level jobs or internships at those companies.
If you decide that oilfield services/equipment is not right for you, don’t let that discourage you from exploring other career paths. There are plenty of other opportunities out there waiting for someone with the right skillset!
What are the challenges of oilfield services/equipment?
Oilfield services/equipment provides the necessary equipment and support to operate an oil and gas production well. Unfortunately, this industry is very competitive, and many workers are forced to find other ways to make a living.
The challenge for oilfield services/equipment workers is that the pay is not as high as some other industries. Workers must also be able to tolerate long hours and difficult conditions. In addition, the industry is often subject to natural disasters, which can affect work availability and wages.
How to Succeed in an Oilfield Services/Equipment Career
Oilfield services and equipment careers are among the most in-demand in the country. They offer a wide range of opportunities, from working as a field technician to running your own business. Before starting your own oilfield service or equipment business, it is important to understand what you need to do and have the necessary skills. Here are some tips on how to succeed in an oilfield services/equipment career:
- Learn all you can about oilfield services and equipment. This includes reading industry publications, attending oilfield job fairs, and searching online for resources. Becoming familiar with the industry will give you an advantage when looking for work or starting your own business.
- Get hands-on experience in the oilfield. This is key to finding work in this field and can be achieved by volunteering with an organization that provides training and experience in the oilfield. Alternatively, search online for volunteer opportunities that fit your interests and location.
- Networking is essential in any career pathway, but especially in an oilfield services/equipment career. Make connections with people who work in the industry or who have knowledge about what you want to achieve. Attend industry events, such as job fairs or trade shows, where you can meet potential employers face-to-face.
- Have a positive attitude and be willing to learn new things . In order to be successful in an oilfield services/equipment career, it
The Advantages of an Oilfield Services/Equipment Career
Oilfield Services/Equipment Career Overview
If you’re looking for a career in the oil and gas industry, an oilfield services/equipment career may be a good option for you. Here’s what you can expect from this type of career:
• SALARY: Oilfield services and equipment jobs pay well, on average. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, petroleum engineers and geoscientists earn an annual median wage of $101,560. Other related jobs also tend to pay well, especially if you have experience in the field.
• OPPORTUNITIES: With so many companies in the oil and gas industry, opportunities are plentiful for those with specialist knowledge and skills. You can find employment with individual companies or as part of a team working on large projects.
• SKILLS REQUIRED: To be successful in an oilfield services/equipment career, you’ll need strong technical skills and experience in drilling, hydraulic fracturing (fracking), oil production techniques and related fields. If you have a degree in engineering or geoscience, you’ll likely be able to transfer most of your skills to this profession.
• WORK ENVIRONMENT: Oilfield services/equipment careers can be physically demanding. You may work long hours in dusty conditions underground or onsite at production facilities. However, most workers say that the job is rewarding because they get to work with cutting-edge technology and see results firsthand
What are the Disadvantages of an Oilfield Services/Equipment Career?
An oilfield services/equipment career can be rewarding, but there are some disadvantages to consider. For one, this profession requires heavy physical activity and usually involves long hours at work. In addition, the salary and benefits may not be as high as other careers options. Additionally, this field is often subject to economic downturns, so a sustained career in oilfield services/equipment may not be feasible for all individuals.
There are many career paths out there for people looking to enter the oil and gas industry, but which one is right for you? This article will explore some of the Pros and Cons of oilfield services/equipment as a career path. By considering both sides of the argument, hopefully you can make a more informed decision about whether or not this is the right path for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the benefits of oilfield services/equipment?
There are many benefits to becoming an oilfield services technician. The most important benefit is the opportunity to work in a field that is constantly growing and changing. With new technology coming out all the time, there is always something new to learn and use in your work. Additionally, oilfield services technicians are usually paid well for their skills and experience.